We women can surely experience the joys and woes of hair.
Today, three of the four little preschool girls came with pony tails. I, on the other hand, looked so bad I hurriedly slapped on a wig, which Sydney calls a "squig". It had already met the fate of an oven heat treatment on the bang area. I had brushed, combed and redirected some of the hair to cover up my disaster.
Sylvia had the little girls make Teddy Bear biscuits for an activity and when they were ready for the oven I unthinkingly opened that oven door and made myself the oven master. I even watched them and and the girls did likewise, taking them out at the proper time. Sad, sad, sad. I had forgotten anyone wearing a Squig doesn't go near high heat. Vaseline is supposed to help burns. I greased it well with Vaseline then brushed, broke a couple of teeth from a comb to no avail. I hope I've learned to never wear a wig in the kitchen . It/s really all for show!!
3 comments:
Poor Squig! Sorry it doesn't hold up in the kitchen as well as you do Nana. You are still beautiful though.
I loved the story Mom. We all love you!
HEY! You could buy Kristin's hair and make a wig out of that. Then her hair would be kept in the family and she could finally get the REAL hair cut she's been longing for! Plus, I'd LOVE to see what you look like with 20 inch hair. I'll have to play around in photoshop and post that on my blog very soon. HA!
Love you!
Post a Comment